Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Club

   For awhile I have been on a no-buy. It's a real tragedy I know but I have somehow managed to survive....for now. To ease the pain of it all I have been taking part in The Monday Club on Makeup Talk. It has been helping to curve my  need want to buy makeup. I really do not need any more, but it is all so pretty!! 
   Everyone seems to have their own method of doing it and what seems to work best for me is each week I pick out a new product in each of the following categories:
  • Eye Shadow:
  • Blush:
  • Bronzer:
  • Lip Product(s):
  • Powder: 
  • Brows:
  • Primer(s):
  • Eye liner(s):
  • Mascara:
  • Concealer:
I know I am missing foundation from the list but that is the one product I do not wear. Also, some of these products do not change because I am either 1: Totally in love with them and cannot change it out quite yet or 2: I am trying to use them all up so I can get rid of it This process really helps me to show some love to products I normally overlook in my collection and gets me to try new things so I don't get stuck in a rut.

My picks for this week are:
  • Eye Shadow: TheBalm Nude'Tude palette.
 This is one of the products that I most likely won't be switching out for awhile. I have a very large stash of eyeshadow and I have yet to hit pan on anything so my goal is to make this the palette I finally hit pan on. I am very close though *Squeals with excitment* I am going to be focusing this week on the colors: Sassy (this is the one I am close to hitting pan on!), Sultry, seductive, and sleek. I love to do edgy/alternative/grunge looks and this week I am focusing solely on the grunge aspect.
  • Blush: None.
This week is a no blush week. I don't feel like flushed cheeks are a grungy ideal so I will for go that product. I want it to be a "Is she dead" kind of grunge look.
  • Bronzer: Stila Contour Trio
I have had this in my collection forever and I just don't show it any love. So this week that will change and I will finally give it a shot. I love to contour so I am excited to try this.
  • Lip Product(s): Maybelline Clear Lip liner, Stila Lip Liner in Devoted, Revlon Lipstick in Black Cherry, and M.A.C. Rebel. 
I am a lip junkie and let me tell you a lil somethin something, I cannot rave about Revlon Black Cherry enough. This lipstick is my absolute favorite color. It's perfect in every way!! It creates a pretty awesome grunge look! I love my M.A.C lipsticks like the next girl, but I have troubles with Rebel. It is an absolute gorgeous color but for some reason I cannot get it to apply like I want it. So that is my goal this week. To make it work!
  • Powder: CG Loose Powder in Fair.
This is a product I want used up and gone. I am just not a Cover Girl fan. Sorry. My HG powder is Chanel and I want to use this up before I start using my Chanel again. It's not that there is anything wrong with this powder, I actually like it. I just like my Chanel one way more. I like it enough to pay the massive price difference.
  • Brows: Too Faced Brow Envy and CG Eye Pencil in Midnight Brown
The Brow Envy is my HG of brow powders. Normally I just use that and that is it but I feel like I need bolder eyebrows this week so I am adding in the pencil. I also need to force myself to use the setting wax in the Brow Envy kit because I feel ridiculous paying $35 for just the powder...oops. But I will continue to buy it once I run out....which doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I have been using it every day for months and not a dent in it! Amazing!
  • Primer(s): Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Gel, Revlon eye Primer and Pixi Flawless and Poreless
I do not have oily skin but boy, Oh boy! do I love that mattifying gel! Its amazing! The tube has lasted me since may and it's still going! The revlon eye primer is decent but I want to use it up. I hate products where you have to crank them and wait for it to go into the brush. I either get no product at all or an excessive amount that practically over flows! That is my only con, but it's a con that is going to keep me from repurchasing. Sorry Revlon, you are my favorite drug store brand, but this is a no go. The Pixi is alright. Its a sample I am trying to use up however.
  • Eye liner(s): Wicked Heart Black Night
I got this at Hot Topic, its decent enough. I like that I can smudge it pretty well.
  • Mascara: Elizabeth Mott sample
Sample from ipsy, nothing special
  • Concealer: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda
This is like the powder issue, It is a good product but Chanel is my HG so I want to use this up before I atack my Chanel

That is my Sunday Club pick. I understand that this post was a bit winded. I am sorry for that but next week I can guarantee that it won't be as long. A lot of these products I don't switch out so I will consolidate them into one little section so I won't have to keep explaining why I chose that product, because you will have already known :) I may do a quick update here and there.

I would love it if you would join the Sunday Club with me and comment with a product or two or five that you want to focus on this week. Show some love to the less used products in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment