Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Favorite/ Review

It looks like that time of the week again! I didn't really try out any new products this week so I don't have a new new favorite but I still have 2 favorites that I really loved this week. One is a beauty product the other is not. So without further delay I will get right into and say my first favorite of the week was something I received in the mail this week and already fangirled over and it is...

MIKA Songbook Vol. 1!

This CD is really the bee's knees. The cat's moew, or whatever saying that has a positive connotation. I could listen to that man's voice for an eternity and be just as happy the 100 millionth time hearing it than I was the 1st time. The duet he sings with Chiara is amazing. Stardust was perfect when only he sang it, but I love that he turned it into a duet! It's so pretty! It is definitely worth a check out on YouTube *wink wink* 
MOVING ON!

My next favorite of the week was...

Dior Rose Collection Palette!

Before I talk about this I would just like to state that this was a birthday present to me from my parents. This was not provided by Dior and all opinions are my own!
This was a part of the Sunday Club for me, because I just do not show it love. I have regretted waiting this long to use it though. It just screamed boring to me because the colors are very light compared to the black and some more black that I am used to. However, I was feeling like doing a more natural look this week (I cheated though! But shh) and this palette helped me create that! Can we just talk about the packaging for a second though
How cute is this palette!?!!?! It even has a Dior charm on the top. I am a packaging girl. If it has boring packaging I won't want it This is probably by far the cutest palette I have in my collection.
Ok, now to the inside! 

So as you can see the contents are 4 eyeshadows, 2 Double ended brushes, and  4 lip products with a fairly large mirror. Bonus: You get to a sneak peek of me!
Also, can you notice the pattern in the eyeshadow! It has the same quilted pattern as the case! When I first got this palette I didn't want to use it because I didn't want to ruin the pattern! The taupe color is the only one I have used enough to ruin it though.
SWATCHES!
 
 
Ok, I will be the first to admit that these swatches don't look the best. However, I am very light handed with my swatches. This was a one light sweep with my finger over the product and then on my hand. I did not use any primer. These colors would definitely pop more if you used a good white base such as a NYX Milk pencil. These colors are very pigmented on their own though. The colors from left are a shimmer white, a light nude pink, a taupe, and a dark brown. The palette has no names listed.


These are the lip swatches. From the left it is a Dior Addict High Color in a light pink, the middle two are Dior Addict High Gloss in a shimmery pink and red/pink and the end is a lip balm in a mauve color. Again, there were no color names. I really like the lip products. The shimmer pink is a gorgeous color on it's own, but I like adding it on top of a lipstick to make it shimmery. I went and bought a separate Dior Lip Gloss after I received this. 
I have not used the  brushes that came with it. I prefer to use my MAC brushes. However, I think they would be quite handy to use when I travel. They are very sturdy brushes. 
My favorite look with this palette is very simple. I use the white has a brow highlighter, I put the pink from my crease up to my brow. The light taupe is applied all over my lids, and I use a blending brush to lightly dust the dark brown into my crease. The balm is my favorite thing to use. It adds a very nice natural color to my lips. I did this look for 4 days of the week. One day I didn't wear any makeup and the day I cheated I wore loads of black. I missed my black! Hehe
Would I repurchase this product? Yes, but unfortunately I can't. It was a Limited Edition palette. I could get it off eBay but I am a little weary about buying cosmetics from there. I am not too worried about hitting pan anytime soon though. The colors are very pigmented and I know will last me for quite some time and it's not like I don't have any other palettes to use. 
I hope you all have a great Friday! Much love, Randi
 



No comments:

Post a Comment