Thursday, January 9, 2014

Going out in public with no makeup?

So today I went out in public with no makeup on! None. Ziltch. Zero. Not one product. Some of you are probably laughing. What's the big deal about that? Well, I never go out in public without makeup. I mean NEVER!! I won't let people see me without it ever. 
Then why did I go out without it? Well, My dad asked me to go to the store with him and I didn't have time to do my makeup. Normally I would decline, but this time I didn't. One of my New Year New Me goals were to become more confident. I've always had self-esteem problems and I have social anxiety which makes things very hard for me, but I have been putting a lot of effort into changing that. So I stuffed my fear into my back pocket and left the house. 
During the drive I was telling my dad how I didn't like going out with no makeup on. He said that he thinks I am prettier without it and that guys like it when girls wear less makeup*. This helped ease my fear. To my surprise no one at the store gasped at me, created a mob to chase after me, or pointed and said "OMG what is that"
*Side note: I didn't pay attention to that last part. I don't put makeup on for men, I put makeup on for me and because it is something I really enjoy doing. If a man loves me he will love me for me and all my makeup :) But I understand what he was saying
So after today, I have come to a conclusion. Self-love is one of the most important things and I realized that I am pretty with or without makeup. That I should not be afraid to go out in my natural self. God made me this way so I shall embrace it. I will continue to use makeup, because it is something I enjoy but I also know I can for go it for a day. 

How do you feel about going out in public with no makeup on? Leave some comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment