Wednesday, January 22, 2014

MAIL CALL!

I normally do not post on Wednesday but I had a pretty good mail day today so I figured I would share with you all that I got. My first piece of mail is not makeup or beauty related, but it made me so excited. I have been waiting for this to arrive for quite some time. What is it? I shall tell you. It is...

MIKA Songbook Vol. 1!

  


Now, I know I may be too old to be a fangirl, but I really do not care haha I love this man. I am utterly obsessed. I won't get to far into detail how much I love this man because I could literally go on and on about my experiences with him. I will just say that the first time I met him he autographed my arm and I went at midnight to get it tattooed. The second time I met him he wrote lyrics on my arm and again I was at a tattoo place at midnight getting it tattooed. I really love Chicago for that reason. You can always find a tattoo place open. I have 5 tattoos that are either written by him, his album art, or pictorial representations of his lyrics. I am that obsessed. Anyways, this was a very late Christmas present from my father. It was literally the only thing I wanted. I asked for nothing else. It is his greatest hits CD with a few new songs added that haven't been on any CD before. If you have never heard of him I highly suggest that you do and this CD would be a great start. It is quite an array of some of his bests songs mixed with some newer ones. Now I understand that $33 is a pretty hefty price tag for a CD with 15 songs on it but it is worth every penny and more!
Seriously, You will not regret this purchase!
  Ok, moving on before I babble on and on, my next mail was my ipsy replacement. I mentioned before how my Faith Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub leaked all over my bag and they were sending me a replacement. However, due to the cold weather this scrub also leaked. So that is a bummer. I'm not going to make a fuss over it though. ipsy's customer service is very nice, but I do not think it is worth an email about it a second time. Please do not take that as a negative against ipsy. It is in no way their fault. 
  The next package I recieved was my PINCHme box! It finally came in the mail!! For those of you who do not know what PINCHme is. It is a website that provides you with free samples to review. You can get up to three free samples every other Tuesday at noon. The only downside is they GO FAST! You basically need to be on at noon because they "sell" out insanely fast! I completely forgot about it this week so unfortunately I won't have another box to review for a few weeks. BUMMER! But I can at least provide a review today and hopefully tomorrow! So I received a...

A travel size Suave Advanced Therapy lotion and a Montagne Jeunesse Strawberry Souffle masque. 

   I was very happy that I got these samples in time. I am a lotion fiend. As you can tell from my earlier post that I have tattoos. I have 9 in total, 8 covering my left arm and 1 lonely one on my right so keeping my skin moisturized is very important in taking good care of them. I have A LOT of money into them and would like to keep them looking as nice as possible for as long as possible and lotion is the first step.Also,  I have tried a few masques before, but I have only tried paper masques so I am quite excited to try this one out. I am always a little weary about putting stuff on my face, but I have tried this brand before so I am not too worried. I will try it on tonight, so I won't be able to review it until tomorrow for you all. I will do a first impression review on the lotion though.

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW!

 

This insanely cold weather has not been a great friend to my skin. Especially my tattoos. They do not like cold weather at all. I keep in mind different aspects when reviewing a product, but when it comes to lotions one of the most important aspects for me is how well they react with my tattoos. As I stated before my arm is heavily tattooed and it is important to keep them looking and feeling nice. If they do well on my tattoos then I have no doubt how well it will work on my skin that isn't. I did a patch test on my newest tattoo, A Sherlock portrait, and I have to say for a first impression I am really impressed. It is not greasy at all, which is a major plus. I really dislike greasy lotions. If that is what you are looking for then this product isn't for you. It left my skin feeling very soft and it brightened up my tattoo as well. So I am pleased with that. It smells REALLY good too. It has the typical lotion smell, but I quite enjoy it. It smells good on my arm as well, but it is mixing in with my Winter Candy Apple body wash so I can't give a serious review on the smell quite yet. 
This product is supposed to help with severely dry skin, so tonight I will do a patch test on really dry skin and update you all with a better review, but for a first impression this is a product I would repurchase. It is really cheap too so that is a major plus!

I hope you all have a great day! with much love, Randi

1 comment: