Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy

IT CAME! IT CAME! IT CAME! My January ipsy bag is here! I'm just a little bit excited as you can tell. This is my 12th bag and I am still in love with this subscription. I am on a very very low buy, practically no-buy (Don't weep for me...ok maybe a little. It's hard!) and ipsy is the only makeup related thing I am allowed to splurge on.
This month bag was some what exciting for me. I have had better, but I have had worse. There are two products that are my absolute favorite. The contents of my bag this month were:
  • Mica Beauty tinted lip balm in Natural...LOVE!
  • Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Eye Pencil in Penny.....OMG LOVE!
  • Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi Sugar Scrub
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner
  • Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Cream Face Lotion

REVIEW TIME!

This is a first impression review. I will do a further review later on because sometimes I hate a product at first and then fall in love with it once I use it more often or vice versa. I may love a product at first and then hate it after awhile. 
Now I had pictures I promise you, but my phone wants to be difficult and not email them to me. I am one of few people my age who is technology challenged. So please forgive me. I will try and edit them in later.

I have only tried three of the products. I have yet to use the leave in conditioner and the sugar scrub. My sugar scrub leaked all over the bag, so ipsy is sending me a new one. That is the only problem I have ever had with my bag. I emailed them and they responded very quickly and told me a replacement was on it's way. Their CS was very nice. 
 The Mica Beauty tinted lip balm in Natural is by far my favorite product of the bag! It is a very pretty brownish pink kinda mauve color on me
*This is where I would have inserted a swatch for you*
It is very pretty on the lips. However, it is a tad bit drying. I don't find this to be a problem because I use it on top of a clear lip balm. The color is very pretty on it's own, but I like to put a lipstick on top of it. Today I wore M.A.C. Twig on top of it and I loved the way it looked together. It complimented my grunge look very nicely. I am a huge Mica Beauty fan thanks to ipsy and would really like to try more of their products. The quality is amazing.
The Elizabeth Mott Shadow Pencil was my second favorite thing. I was so hoping to get the Penny shade and that is the shade I got! Thank you Universe! This shade...ugh...it is so gorgeous! I mean "ugh" in a good way BTW. I used it yesterday all over my eyes and then today I used it to go over my black eyeliner. Both looks were very pretty. It adds a very nice bronzy touch to black eye liner. It makes it a little less harsh. I like to do "emo" liner. I cannot help myself. lol
The next product I tried was the Nourish Organic face lotion. I loved the way this felt on my skin. It is very lightweight and I hate heavy products on my face. That is one reason why I hate foundation and BB creams. I like having a fresh clean feeling face and it provided that. My only problem with this is the smell. It's not a terrible smell but it isn't pleasant either. It fades away quickly, but it does make me hesitant to repurchase it.
When I try my leave in conditioner and Sugar scrub I will write a review on that as well. I apologize for the lack of photos. I start school again at the end of the month and I am going to recruit my photographer friend to help me :)
I hope you all have a great day! and if you would like to sign up for ipsy as well please use my referral code. I would really appreciate it.
http://www.ipsy.com/r/4qgu

No comments:

Post a Comment