Tuesday, January 21, 2014

FOTD

  So I do not have any photos. My photographer friend will be with me next week so get ready for photos and plenty of reviews!! I will at least tell you what I painted my face with today. If anything you can see what order I like to put my makeup on. Prepare for a long-winded post. *In Wayne Campbell Voice* I am feeling very saucy talkative today, my good man.
  I always start with my brows. I use a Mary Kay double ended brow brush. I use the hard brush to get all my eyebrows to lay down. If you have read any of my other posts you probably know by now that I am obsessed with the 90's and I have the grunge eyebrows going on. They are insane and need major gel or wax to get them to calm down. But before the setting wax I go over them with Too Faced Brow Envy brunette powder to fill them in. I also use Cover Girl's Midnight Brown brow pencil to make my arch a little more noticeable. I take a really long time on my brows, I am kind of obsessed with eyebrows. Is that weird? Even with guys that is something I notice. I am attracted to someone with nice eyebrows. It is what it is.
  So yea, moving on. I prime everything first. I use Revlon Eye Primer on my lids and I use Cover Girl's Lip Smoochies in #Luv U on my lips...obviously. I like it to set in and do all it's priming goodness.
  Now the fun part. The eye look. Prepare yourselves for this look...Actually it's really simple. No need to prepare for anything. It will most likely be a let down if you do. So I started this look by using my finger to apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk all over my lid up to the crease. This color makes me feel like the bad ass that I am. I then use Sassy from TheBalm NudeTude Palette to highlight my brows with an Eco Tools Highlight brush. I typically would use the white in whatever palette I am using that week, but I am determined to hit pan on that sucker! After I put that palette away I grabbed for my Dior Rose Collection Palette. For a $59 palette you would think that I use that every day and use the crap out of it. Nope. I think this is the 3rd time I used it. That is why I am determined to use it all week. (I don't do neutral looks, that is the only reason it barely gets touched.) I take a Eco Tools crease brush and apply the pink and apply it from my crease to my brow with it. Woah! Next I take a MAC 239 Brush and tap the taupe color onto the Color Tattoo base. This creates a very toned down look but is still dark enough for me to rock. I like the taupe color on it's own, but I need to look like I basically got punched in the eye. No lie. Moving on! I use a MAC 217 brush to apply the dark brown color into my crease. I add on to the look by adding Urban Decay eyeliner in Uzi on my lower lash line and Empire on my upper. I tap more of the taupe color over the purple eyeliner to make it less harsh. To finish the eyes I smash my eyelashes into a clamp to curl them and take Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara and coat my lashes with them. OH YEA! 
  Well, the exciting part is over. The rest is kind of boring for me. it is simple. However, if you read all of that and continue reading then I hope that the universe treats you nicely and you find a $20 bill.
  I conceal under my eyes to brighten them up a bit. I take an Eco- Tools concealer brush and Sonia Kashuk concealer and blend that right below my eyes. I continue my makeup routine by grabbing my favorite brush, A MAC 168 Brush, holy soft goodness, and dabbing it in some Pixi Bronzer in Summertime and I go to town contouring my face. Some bronzer here and some bronzer there. That's what I am talking about! Actually, I am pale as a ghost so I am insanely light handed with my bronzer. I'm not about to go looking like Lindsay Lohan in court. Not my style. I take a Eco-Tools Blush brush dab it in some Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural and use it right above where I contoured on my cheeks. I apply a little bit of TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer on my cheek bone and on the bridge of my nose. I finish it off by using a big ass ELF face brush and applying Cover Girl powder all over to blend it all together See totally not exciting was it?
 For my lips I used one of the colors from the Dior palette using a MAC 316 lip brush and topped it off with Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.
  And because I have no life, sometimes I like to add up the cost of my face that day. If I wanted to go out and purchase all this stuff at one time to recreate this look how much would it cost? With the brushes the total was $430. EEKS! This makes me stick to my no-buy! I also realize that these purchases were all made over a long period of time and will last me forever, but it still puts into perspective how much I spend on makeup. This isn't even close to all that I have. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment