Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ipsy February 2014

It's my favorite time of the month again! IPSY! I received my bag on Thursday and I decided to wait until now to post it so I could try everything first....also I am lazy and kind of forgot. hehe. Let's just get right into it. 
MY BAG!
I am very pleased with my bag. I got the variations that I was very happy with. As long as I didn't get the lashes I was pretty happy with anything though. I have nothing against lashes, I tend to wear them on occasion, but I have so many pairs as it is that I really don't need any more. I guess I could say that about any makeup product though. Ehh lol
I will start with my most favorite product.
 Pop Beauty Plump Pout Lip Gloss in Peony Petal
OMG!!!! THIS! Just yes. I adore this so much! This has replaced my Marc Jacobs lip vinyl in my purse. (Side note: I am so sorry Marc Jacobs. You know I love you and literally everything you do, but I need an affair with this lip gloss, you know I will come running back to you.) The only lip gloss I tend to wear is Overprotected by Marc Jacobs or the Lip Maximizer by Dior which are both a very sheer light pink. I don't have the best luck with colored lip glosses staying on until this one. The staying power of this is unreal! The color lasted hours!! I had a slight problem with feathering, but I fixed it by pairing it with a Stila lipliner. The color is my favorite. It's darker mauve/pink kind of color. (I am an art major with a horrible sense of color lol) I love dark/grungy makeup looks and this pairs beautifully with it. It goes great with a natural look and with a dark eye look. It's a very universal color for me. By far, my favorite item in the bag. 
 My second favorite item in the bag is the City Color Be Matte Blush.
I was very happy to receive this blush. It was on my wishlist! I received Fresh Melon and the color is gorgeous! The only problem I have with this blush is that it is....wait for it....TOO PIGMENTED! I have never said that about a product before! A slight hand is almost too much. This product will last me forever, because all I need to do is lightly tap the brush on it. That is almost too much. However, I am very pale and a little goes a long way with practically all my blushes. I would highly suggest picking these blushes up. at 2.99 you cannot go wrong. I am off to pick up the other colors.
The next product I recieved was the Tini Beauty eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum
I love this color and product! I was a little weary about this at first because most cream shadows tend to crease on me so I don't bother with them. This one though is different It stayed for hours without creasing. It is such a cool product. It goes on like a cream and dries into a powder. It is a bronze kind of color which I love! I really like making a bronze smokey eye and tend to do it a lot, so this is very much welcome in my life. If you want a cream shadow with a very good staying power, I would highly recommend this. It is amazing on its own or as a base. 

SWATCH TIME!
From left to right: Pop Beauty Peony Petal, Eyetini Spiced Rum, and City Color Fresh Melon
These are all one swipe of the product. 
I also got Zoya nail polish in Odette
I am not a Zoya fan, however this one converted me. It is a very pretty muted purple. I am wearing it in the picture under a purple glitter. I was introduced to Zoya through ipsy. I do not like the others I received because I do not like nail polish that has a glitter fleck/metallic kind of texture. I only like cream and then I use a glitter topcoat if I want. I found those to be hard to apply. I like this one though! I will gladly keep this one and incorporate it into my nail polish collection. It has yet to chip on me and will gladly buy more of these polishes.
The last product I received was the Nu-Me Intense Renewel Hair Mask
I have yet to try this out, but I am so excited too! I have been getting into hair products like crazy since my hair is finally growing out (A pixie was the worst idea EVER!) I have been wanting to try this brand and product for quite some time so YAY!

I have been really contemplating on cancelling ipsy because I really need to get through the stash that I have now, but I love ipsy too much to cancel! I have decided to at least hold out until April (my birthday month) and see if they really wow me. If they don't then I feel like I need to take a break just to get through my very large makeup collection. This bag is making me want to stay forever! 
Bag worth: 5/5
I cannot say which I liked better this month: Birchbox or Ipsy? I understand they are completely different subs and I loved them both so much this month, so I think it is a tie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment