Sunday, February 9, 2014

wet n wild Review

So I mentioned a week ago how I broke my makeup no-buy for the new wet n wild Art in the Streets color-icon palette. Well, I played with it the last week and I have to say over all I am very pleased with it.
The palette contains a matte purple, orange, yellow, green and purple and not just any old boring colors. No. These colors are BRIGHT! Like holy crap that is some 80's neon color bright.
EDIT: I wanted to add that these products were purchased with my own money and I am in no way affiliated with wet n wild and all opinions are my own

  
LOOK! LOOK AT THAT! Seriously, so bright and pretty!
This is the layout of the colors. I noticed on the other new palettes have labels on them on how you should wear the colors such as brow, definer, crease, etc. This is the only palette that does not have labels. I think this is because you probably should not wear all these colors at once. I have yet to try it, but it would probably be way too much. I don't want to look like a clown. 
The swatches are very pigmented on the hand
This is the swatch with just one swipe. The bottom line is over NYX Milk Pencil. They are pretty pigmented on their own, but I highly suggest you wear it with a very good base such as the NYX milk pencil. I noticed that these colors kind of lose their pigmentation when applied to the eyes. If you want a more bright color, I would also suggest applying it with your finger to get more pigmentation, because with a brush they are just not as bright. 
I created many looks with this palette that I loved. The blue in the corner of my eyes created a very nice pop of color. I am madly in love with Chicago and I am a Bears fan so I had to create a look with the blue and orange. I used the blue all over my lids and put the orange in my crease. And WOAH is that orange pigmented! I must admit that I did not go out in public with it. BUT when football starts up again I will proudly wear those colors with my jersey! 
I would highly suggest this palette and I will be buying some of the others. You cannot beat the $3.99 price tag. 
I also picked up the new Color Icon Glitter eyeshadow singles in Binge and Groupie
Binge
Groupie
Binge is a purple glitter creme and Groupie is a pink glitter creme. 

With one swipe these add a nice little glitter touch to an eyeshadow look and 3 swipes could almost make an eye look on it's own. As you can see Binge definitely has a better pay off than Groupie. To apply these I just dab my finger in the product and then tap the glitter onto my eye. It has a vaseline type base so I could not suggest a brush to use with these. I would suggest just using your finger. My only problem with these is the same problem I have with every creme base glitter that I have tried. They slide and do not really stay in place and they crease. However, these held up fairly well. I had very little creasing compared to others so I would highly suggest these if you like super glittery looks. I will be buying Vices once I can find it. Sadly, they were sold out. These are available for .99cents and you cannot beat that deal at all! 
Sorry about the eyeliner swatches. The staying power is unreal and they refuse to wipe off! haha
If you are curious about the new wet n wild collection I would highly suggest picking some up. These are the only drug store eyeshadow I like and will wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment