Sunday, March 16, 2014

Birchbox March 2014 Unboxing!!

So I was thinking about doing a side by side comparison post of my Ipsy and Birchbox. But I do not like comparing them, because really the only comparison between the two are that they are both $10 a month. I sub to them for completely different reasons and expectations so I will keep them separate. I like this month's box. I have had better, but I am still very pleased with it. Here is what I got:

My Box:
First impressions: I was a little bummed that I did not get the How 'bout Them Apples cheek stain from TheBalm. That little package was so cute and I am an uber fan of TheBalm! I was also a tad disappointed I did not get any makeup products, but at the same time it is good I didn't. It's not like I need any more makeup! lol Also, 6 Products this month! Yes please! Let's begin with my favorite product of the month!

Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo
LOVE THIS! This will be a repurchase! I have thin hair...cry for me later...and this just made my hair so soft and manageable. My hair has a stupid tendency to knot up at every moment. I am always brushing my hair or cutting it super short. It is so frustrating, I've been learning to kind of just let my hair go wild, but then this little beauty came into my life. LOVE IT! I wish it was foamy and sudsy, but I am not going to complain. Love it!

Air Repair Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm
 I was excited for this product. This weather has been messing up my lips so bad. They are fine now, but next time they are chapped I will be running to put this on them. I did test it on my lips already, and it's definitely not a normal lip balm. I will not be using it on my lips unless I need too. The flavor was...umm...not a pleasnt one. It's not meant to be though. I will be using this on dry skin though.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator   

I haven't used this yet. I am excited to try it though. I like exfoliators, but I also fear them. I don't have problematic skin, so I am typically weary of trying things that might mess that up. 

Control Corrective Cucumber Bead Cleanser and Oil Free Healing Lotion 
I forgot to save the edits to this photo lol Like the Vasanti I have yet to try this, but I am excited too. I like the fact it comes with a healing lotion. 

Last but not least I received COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 For Face

 When I got this I may have groaned. I received a teeny tiny COOLA sample in my ipsy and was just not impressed at an overpriced sunblock. I change my mind about this product though. I haven't tried it yet, but I am keeping an open mind. The fact that it is tinted makes me a little more open minded. I don't wear any foundation or BB creams because I am too pale for them. I want to find something that will just give me the lightest of coverage, just to even out my skin tone and I am hoping that this will provide that.

Overall, I am very pleased with my box. I am hoping for a hand lotion for next month. I would say that at this point this is a 6/6 box, because I am excited to try everything.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Mika
    I just nominated you for the Liebster Award - you can read about it here!
    http://beautyfindsforme.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/i-have-been-nominated-for-a-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I wasn't the only one with the same idea :) I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can read about it here http://changing-latitudes.blogspot.com/2014/06/i-have-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete